Re: Re: Big spirit dudes

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 20:18:59 +0100

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:42:30 +0100, "James Turner" <j.a.turner_at_...> wrote:

>Peter:
>>I'm sorry, but what is your point here? Oakfed is the source
>>of fire for the Waha tradition.
>
>The point I'm trying to make is this...
>A Waha shaman that doesn't want to learn any other traditions still has
>access to fire, water, darkness spirits etc. He doesn't need to follow
>Oakfed to get a fire spirit.

It may help this specific argument, but in creating the keywords for the magic traditions in the new PraxPack, Greg has informed us that the Waha tradition covers all Praxian worship. Waha, Eiritha, Foundchild, Storm Bull, Helpwoman, Oakfed, etc. are all in one Tradition. A Tradition is not always specific to a particular great Spirit, it's particular to a culture, and covers all the Spirits commonly worshipped by the people and called upon by the Shamans. So Waha Shamans could get Beast, Hunter, War, Survival, Fire, Chaos Fighter, etc. Spirits. Not sure about Darkness (except Morokanth) or Water (except from Eiritha's survival abilities, or possibly Dew maid).

Wulf