Re: Re: Big spirit dudes

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:19:24 -0700

Julian replies to Peter:

> > Which would you rather do? Talk to a spirit
> > and convince it to enter your fetish or fight it?
>
> Depends which character I'm playing ...

In terms of game mechanincs, it's all the same, except what you happen to call the ability you use to subdue the thing. From a minmax point of view, fighting is better. You *know* there are some spirits that you are going to need to fight. So why dilute by developing any skills other than spirit pounding? Over time, 20 HPs not spent on spirit negotiation give you another mastery outright domination.