Re: Sun Dome

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:03:39 +1200

Mike Gibb wrote:

>Having missed the (now seemingly infamous) Elmal/Yelmalio debate, can anyone
>help me out with details of Sun Dome in Dragon Pass. This is Elmal land,
>yes?

No. The people there worship Yelmalio. The Elmali do not have Sun Dome Temples.

>Is it part of Sartar?

Once. Its first Count, Monrogh, swore allegiance to King Tarkalor of Sartar last century but his successors have not.

>Anyone any idea where I can get more details.

The original article that sparked the whole fuss is Making Gods p165 of King of Sartar. The latest thinking on Yelmalio's history was up at www.glorantha.com earlier this year but seems to have vanished into the Void as it's not in the question archives (paging Nils Weinander...).

For an excellent intro into a Yelmalio society, Sun County is the place to start. Although set in Prax, the Yelmalions of Dragon Pass shouldn't be too different.

--Peter Metcalfe