Re: Re: integration

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 16:09:52 +0100

On Sat, 01 Jul 2000 19:17:55 +0100, Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...> wrote:

>I have thought of one possible solution, though it doesn't quite gel
>with the strict reading of the rules. That is, when an friendly spirit
>is persuaded to allow Integration, it can surrender it's ability,
>splitting off a piece of it's self to be Integrated.

Incidently, re-reading the Animist magic section, I can see some support for this (albeit by a pretty liberal interpretation of the statements made!). For instance:

"...An Integrated spirit will give only one ability as a talent..." - it doesn't say the whole spirit is Integrated, just one ability.

"...the Hsunchen will Integrate other parts of his totem..." - so they do come in parts, which may have split from a whole.

"...several talents already Integrated..." - it says talents, not spirits.

OK, I know it's probably not the original intention, but I do think it works. The important idea is to allow spirits to voluntarily (with the assistance of a shaman) split off an ability.

Wulf