Re: integration

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 10:08:44 -0700

Peter

> I simply pointed out that whomever integrated their ancestors
> would have to deal with the issue of the extinction of their
> ancestor's individuality (and also the consequent wastage of
> talents).

Wasn't it you who said that the ancestor's personality would take over?

> I doubt it is a case of "Our integration is the
> same as the HW-rules save that the individuality of the spirit
> is not extinguished".

I'm not seeing anything in the rules that say the individuality of the spirit is extinguished. In fact, nothing on p.211 says that a given spirit can't give its talent to more than one person. (Admittedly, the choice of the term "integrate" doesn't suggest this.)

But the integrated spirit may very well be in a symbiotic relationship with its host, which ends upon the death of the latter.

I think the rules are silent on this subject and we'll simply have to be content with our separate interpretations.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein