RE: Initiates and time

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 02:16:02 +0200

On Sun, 02 Jul 2000, Nick Brooke wrote:
> More seriously, much worship of a Culture Hero (such as Waha or Orlanth)
> consists of acting as that Culture Hero would have acted. Not praying, or
> pratting around in Temples. Just *being* a good Praxian or Heortling is all
> the god expects.

Yes, well, English may not be my native language, but how do you fit that interpretation into "Initiates spend approximately 30% of their time, energy and resources in worship"?
Am I to understand that to help my neighbour is to worship Orlanth? How about feeding the cat? Doing the dishes? Or is 30% of everything I do an act of worship?

Or are we to, as Julian Lord suggests, ignore the rule? I am a bit tired of ignoring rules, actually. I suppose that is what I will end up doing in practice, though I think it is a little sad. I want HW to be a game people can pick up and understand, and I want it to give a living, working picture of Glorantha and her societies.

On Sun, 02 Jul 2000, Julian Lord wrote:
> I think that it's just a game mechanic that tells you, in a roundabout way,
> how many cults you can be a simultaneous Initiative of.

I do not know what Initiative cults have, but 30% of all initiates' AP is a lot of AP ;-)

--
Henrix