Re: Sample Gloranthan names

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 16:04:08 -0000

david.boatrightwrote:

>> For Pelorians, often anything vaguely greek or roman works. >> Heortlings are more celtic or perhaps germanic in tone

> Most defiantly

(definitely?)

> Germanic as any Celtic influence in 'official' as been
> well and truly quashed.

Nonsense. Chariots, woad, torcs, hill-forts, cattle-raids... you'd have to be wilfully blind to overlook all the Celtic-derived elements of Orlanthi culture.

As for naming conventions, who knows? They seem to change with every wave of publications. I still have a residual fondness for the Frenchnamed  Sartarites of Greg's original house campaign... :-)

Cheers, Nick