Re: integration; names; spirits

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:14:03 -0700

Jeff

> > the great-grandson integrates
> > Drosox the younger who is now the same as Drosox the original.
>
> This would create an ever-increasing Drosox with each generation (I
> am Drosox of Borg, you will be assimilated!)

Not in my original proposal, since the small band society would easily be able to keep track and not give two children the same name.

(I wish I knew where in Glorantha my hypothetical group would live -- I'm guessing the east coast of Pamaltela is a possibility. Or an East Isle.)

Aha, Peter remembered the FAQ -- no wonder I couldn't find anything in the rules! I still stand by my example, but I can now say that it's clearly not the norm (I'm saying there might be 1000 people in all Glorantha who do this). In fact, the FAQ makes it impossible to have an ever-increasing number of Drosoxes, and since you only gain one ability, any increase in power over the generations probably won't be great.

I thought of another name reference: on my web site are some Excel documents with names from supplements (which may be culturally suspect).

And PenDragon Pass (an older version of which is on my web site, the most recent printed in Enclosure 1) also had some.

James

> If you have a complete victory why settle for a split-off piece of the
> spirit?
>
> Spirit Dude: You are indeed a mighty shaman Sleeps in Trees, I did not think
> you could defeat me. Take my ability to See in Darkness.
> Sleeps in Trees: I just whipped your arse Dude, you are in no position to
> negotiate. I'll take your See in Darkness ability and your Ripen Fruit, Keep
> Snug, Light Candle abilities too <cackles maniacally>.

This is no more possible than treating light as both a wave and a particle -- if you want to put a photon in your medicine bundle, it's no longer a wave.

Certainly a complete victory could give you your choice of any of the available abilities.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein