RE: Re: integration; names; spirits

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 07:43:37 +0100

David Dunham wrote:

> > This would create an ever-increasing Drosox with each generation (I
> > am Drosox of Borg, you will be assimilated!)

> In fact, the FAQ makes it impossible to have an ever-increasing number
> of Drosoxes,

"An ever-increasing Drosox" =/= "an ever-increasing number of Drosoxes".

If, when you die (after integrating an ancestor, assuming such an act to be possible), "the spirits are part of your spirit, and go to the afterlife with you" (per the FAQ), then whichever of your descendents summons and integrates *you* will also be integrating your ancestor. No?

I think this is what the discussion was about, anyway. I must confess, I'd rather write good rules for Ancestor Worship rather than spatchcock them into the existing mechanics, but that's just my gut feeling.

Cheers, Nick