Re: Re: Sample Gloranthan names

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 09:13:48 -0400

david.boatright_at_... wrote:

> >> Germanic as any Celtic influence in 'official' as been
> >> well and truly quashed.
>
> >Nonsense. Chariots, woad, torcs, hill-forts, cattle-raids... you'd
> >have to be wilfully blind to overlook all the Celtic-derived elements
> >of Orlanthi culture.
>
> Tell me where it mention any clan or Tribe routinely whizing around
> the hills of Sartar &#92; Heortland, and don't menion the chariot race in

Eastern Ralios, land of the pretty primitive Orlanthi. And remember, the Celts have stopped using chariots themselves by the time of the Romans as had most of the rest of the world. But the Volsaxi continued to use them till the 1600's...

> the depths of Winter in Home of the Bold. Woad one spell and
> who ever used that on a regular basis. Torcs what Torcs. So the

Fair number of them in the artwork. And the blue tatoos are pretty interesting, as I'm not sure the germanic tribes were into that particular form of scarification.

> Germaincs did not hillforts or cattle raids then ? It is idiotic to

Germans were not known for massive hill fortifications, especially not ring-forts.

> assume that the Germainc influence has not now completly
> overshadowed any Celtic influence

Jeff