Re: Humakti and parting shots

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:21:46 +0100

>IMO, most humakti will happily kill with a
>coup de grace, as there is always the
>possibility of the foe coming back into the
>fight. However, I can imagine some of the
>more pious Humakti not doing this.

I don't see a problem here. There's a big difference between killing a defenseless foe and killing a defeated foe. I'm not sure most Humakti would even shirk at the former. If kiling needs to be done, then they will do it.

The prohibition against ambushing can also, IMO, be over-stated. I don't see a problem with a Humakti walking up behind someone, drawing their sword, and chopping their head off, so long as they don't *sneak* up and attack them. The chances are the target will hear him and react, but if they don't, that's their problem.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.