Re: Digest Number 57

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:11:34 -0500

On 7/8/00 at 3:39 PM Richard Melvin wrote:

>>This would be nice but characters can put 5w into Run at creation.
>>That means they can outrun a normal horse (Run Fast 2w).
>
>Yup, so it is possible to create a starting character, in a medium
>powered HW game, who can outrun a horse.
>
>Why is this a problem?

It's easy to be confused about this; the average starting character in Hero Wars is really powerful, compared to a lot of other fantasy games; they already have a lot of history behind them compared to RQ, for example. There really aren't guidelines for creating non-heroic characters, as far as I can tell. Of course, the average peasant doesn't figure in too many sagas, but sometimes you need to know what their stats are for gaming purposes.

Guy

We Meddle in God's Domain So That You Don't Have To