Re: Telmori: They Ain't *That* Bad/The Telmori Foundling

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:42:02 PDT

Clay Luther

>After Sartar, the Telmori changed their habits somewhat. They stayed
>within (or at least were never seen leaving) the hunting grounds (the
>Dogbone and Wolf Hills) Sartar granted to them. Apparently, they became
>fairly benign neighbors since they "never again took humans or livestock
>from the other tribes (KoS 135)", though they did >sometimes range far when
>hunting.

i.e. they breach other clan's hunting grounds without permission? I've feuded for less in King of Dragon Pass.

>Additionally, a Telmori hero, Kostajor, rescued Prince Jarosar from the
>Battle of Dwarf Ford. His presence at the battle implies that the
>Telmori joined the other tribes to help the Aldachuri against the >Lunars
>(1565, KoS 139).

AFAIK they only joined because of their personal (doglike?) relationship to the Royal House and not because they were called on for service like the other tribes. There's a comment in Home of the Bold (IIRC) that the latter princes were heavily reliant on the Telmori for muscle.

>[I think
>it is a testament to the Telmori's strength that 1) they could >eliminate
>the most powerful members of the Maboder and 2) they were >not completely
>annihilated by the Lunar response.]

Being immune to ordinary weapons while in wolf form helps a lot.

--Peter Metcalfe