Re: Getting the chop

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:21:46 +0100

Wulf Corbett wrote:
> Has any detail been put in
> print of common or special executions in various cultures (Orlanthi
> and Lunar being the obvious ones I'd be likely to use)?

In _Germania_, Tacitus mentions the different styles of executions used by the Germans. But, more importantly, he gives reasons for the chosen means, which I think could be applied for the Orlanthi, by analogy. IIRC, perpetrators of 'shameful' crimes were drowned by pushing them into a bog, to hide them from sight, whereas perpetrators of other crimes were hung, displayed as an example to others.