Re: Gods I never heard of

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:37:00 PDT

Chris Lemens:

>Peter Metcalfe listing potential members of the Genert Pantheon:
> >Orani.
> >Strorkbrion, Genert's successor.
> >Golden People God.
> >Copper Warrior God.
>
>Who? Where?

Orani is the hero who tried to delay Death when he was seeking Eiritha. While Tada was busying burying her beneath the Eiritha Hills, Orani was slain probably at the place called Orani's Mistake in the southwest of Prax.

Strorkbrion is mentioned in the Wastelands map (ToTRM#14) as having ruled for a time after Genert and is associated with a range of hills to the west of the Krjalki Bog and Copper Sands.

The Golden People and the Copper Warriors were part of Genert's Host (the others being the Sky Spears, the White Elves and Our Ancestors) described by the Praxian Shaman in Gods of Glorantha's "What the Shaman told me" or something like that.

The remnants of the Copper Warriors is probably the Copper Sands. They could have been copper mostali who do make some weapons for beneath the Dwarf Knoll in Prax is the Copper Caves.

The Golden People are thought to be the ancestors of the Oasis People and perhaps the inhabitants of the Monster Men Lands (mentioned in Tales #14 but left off the map there - it's in the NE, on the other side of the ShanShan from Kralorela).

--Peter Metcalfe