Shock Revelation at Convulsion - The Hero Plane is equally accessible to all

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:04:00 -0000

Greg announced at Convulsion that the Hero Plane bordered equally on all of the otherworlds and that it was not preferentially associated with the Theist Otherside. While this resolves several problems, it breaks other things. Greg told me that he "realised" this about two hours before he told us all, so there is a good chance that this will continue to change.

One part of the problem is that once you travel to the edges of the world, it is also considered to be part of the Hero Plane. Actually, I would go further and say that once you travel far enough from home to a place your people have never or rarely visited before then you are being Heroic (from the point of view of your people after your return). Therefore, after the fact, it is determined that you were actually travelling in the Hero Plane even though no magic mechanism was used to get there and back. (There is a rules issue here of when the Heroic Consequences should be used but that is different question for a different group).

Also, I am saddened by the loss of unique environments of the different other worlds that PCs would have to visit as part of their quests. I am certain that I remember Greg stating in some forum that Sorcerers Town on the Lightbringers Quest is on the Sorcerous Otherside.

Has anyone any thoughts?

regards,
Charles