Re: lots of gods

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 08:01:47 -0700

Folker

> It's written that a devotee of a god
> spends more than half his time in worshipping and an initiate does it about
> 30%. That means that you can never be initiated in more than 3 cults or
> devoted to one god and initated in more than 2 cults etc. Uups..that's more
> a rules question isn't it? But how do you handle it when a player wanted to
> be initiated in a lot of cults?

Yup, the intent of the rules is that they can't, and I'm sure this is intended to mirror Gloranthan reality -- even Arkat ditched his old cult when he joined a new one. Being an initiate does imply a certain level of devotion to a god, and while the numbers in the Hero Wars rules may be a bit arbitrary, most Gloranthans who want to deal with lots of gods just do it, without initiating. They are worshippers of a pantheon, after all.

I'm guessing that the player wants more magic? You might allow them to learn certain affinities or feats separately (see <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/dawnAge/nallindia.html> for an example). I'd still expect them to maintain proper piety -- it's hard to be a good Humakti and a good Eurmali at the same time...

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein