Answers/Questions Re: Test

From: Jeff Kyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:09:24 -0000

> > Yes, I think you have said this on several occasions.
>
> Sorry, but i think there is a mistake. I can't have said this
before
because
> this is my first mail to the group (& hw-rules,too).
> I joined both groups about one weak ago.

My appologies! There'd been a bit of a bunstruggle about that earlier. Welcome aboard.

new
> > to the game -- without the complex quibbling of the Digest.
>
> A statement of purpose, but i got an unexspected result, a result
much more
> favorable to me. I joined the GD some time ago, when i came in
touch
with
> Glorantha, 'cause i wanted to know more about it. I never
understand
much.
> At the Tentacles-Con this year i discovered Hero Wars. I bought
IttHW (my
> only gloranthean supplement, unless the Big Rubble) and now i am
exploring
> the world.

Welcome. Here's your pith hat. Now start digging... =)

> So, I have to apologize for my posting, and i hope you'll answer me
some
> questions in future mailings.
> Didn't you say something about cults?

Yes, there's some good minor cults out there and some good samples on the www.glorantha.com site. Its my undersntandting that the Lunar and
Heortling books will have a lot of minor cults. I was told at one point that a small hero band should have some sort of spiritual totem.
 Even something as small as the Hidden Wind (50 hard-core members) is enough to support a rather small but vicious cult.

We've been working on a long-description sample and I had hoped to post it earlier.

> I think i got a question right now. It's written that a devotee of
god
> spends more than half his time in worshipping and an initiate does
it about
> 30%. That means that you can never be initiated in more than 3
cults
or

Iniitation in 2 full time cults is rare. THree is possible but almost un heard of (initiation into subcults, local or petty gods and hero cults is a much small time constraint -- 10% at most). And a devotee takes 60%.
> devoted to one god and initated in more than 2 cults etc.
Uups..that's more

Devotion and an initiation is possible according to Greg as slong as you don't miss any of the holy day ceremonies. I'm letting it go without batting an eye in my game as it lets some of the players have more rounded/broader based characters. Conversely, they are also lousier magicians as they are doing several things at once -- its difficult to serve two masters.

> a rules question isn't it? But how do you handle it when a player
wanted to
> be initiated in a lot of cults?

He's got to be able to give those gods the time they deserve. Remember, feats and affinities are provided as a result of *worship* and that this is what the gods need to survive.

And if you starve a god, they tend to get a bit annoyed.

> > We are seeing more and more newcomers to the world of Glorantha
and
> > that should be encouraged and assisted.
>
> Newcomer? Aren't these the ones with spots on their head and
getting
drunk

Eeef. Now that's a show I've not seen in a while. They are probably mostali.

> No, it's exactly what i am.

Good luck. Hope the website is of use to you!

Jeff