Re: Initiation

From: Jeff Kyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:14:50 -0000

It is also possible to change deities -- according to the literature, this happens frequently to a young Heortling as they find which gods they are chosen by or drawn to.

If you like, you can cahnge the Cyrling shrine to include the "Lightning Spear" petty godling and let any Orlanth initiate get access to the "Lighting Spear" feat provided by it. (We let it shoot lightining bolts out of a spear at range, though its also been used to
charge up a spear for Hand To Hand combat.

But if a player wants, tehy can join Hedkoranth and pay another 30%, though since they are similar aspects to Orlanth, I might allow a slightly lower level of time due to similar lifestyles overlapping. I have no objections to 2 cult initiations at all. INitiation and devotion, however, do stack up to be a bit of a time constraint.

AT the risk of sound silly, Go with what works best for your group. Ask your players and explain the problems they might find. And, afterall, giving a player conflict over which god he serves is part and parcel of roleplaying, I think.

Hope this helps,

Jeff