Re: Elmali clan

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:28:48 -0500

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>Hyalor as a pentan deity would be a spirit. I
>suppose around Runegate, people have horsey
>charms and all that.

Enclosure #1 mentions a Dundealos myth wherein Ulanin the Rider consecrates their shrine to Hyalor. According to a conversation I had with Stephen and Greg while developing my Lonisi-centered campaign, however, Hyalor is not directly worshipped by anyone. He transcends the whole god-spirit-essence differentiation, thus being a culture hero of *every* horse-riding people of Glorantha regardless of where they dwell.

Descendants of the Berenethtelli, as the Runegate clans are in my own "Lonisisaga" campaign, consider Beren the Rider and Redalda to be their Vingkotling Era ancestors. Descendants of the Orgorvaltes, such as the Dundealos, would consider Ulanin the Rider and Orgorvale to be their Vingkotling Era ancestors. Hyalor is likely an ancestor of both Beren and Ulanin.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and