Re: Digest Number 756

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 15:07:40 -0000

> eventually: how alien is Glorantha and how does feel & look like?
>
> any opinions on this?

This one has been debated before on the Digest, and there is some disagreement. Provided you don't look at the horizon too closely (Kero Fin, the Red Moon, motion of the stars and planets, etc), I think it looks exactly the same as our world 85% of the time, to 85% of the people.

Most day to day magic, while effective, has no more immediately obvious effects than real-world traditional charms and blessings.

I think Nick Brooke pointed out that Maximus' running his hands through the soil of every battle ground he fought on is a great example of invoking your personal magic before a fight.

Simon Hibbs