Re: heroband wyter

From: themalum <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:09:06 -0000

> > - does a wyter still have some residual presence in the
> > Otherworld(s) or is it entirely present in this
> > 'incarnation': animal, object, whatever ?
> Really powerful ones might in effect form their own 'short
> world', and they will have links (eg, if your guardian is a
> clan ancestor, s/he will still have contacts with the others),
> but essentially I'd say that it 'exists' in the incarnation if
> it manifests itself, but if it simply provides spell-like
> powers, then it still resides in its home Otherworld.

There is some precedent for it being wholly manifest in the Mundane World - namely, divine companions are similar daimones who are apparently fully mortal while manifested. Which brings up the question: can a comparison be made between the relationship between the divine companion and its hero, and the wyter and its heroband?

> > - to obtain the defense and blessings, is that enough to
> > feel like 'part of the communauty' or does a new member need
> > some kind of ceremony (and the same for quitting)
> There has to be some definite ritual to bind the new members to
> the group, as well as certain taboos or obligations to retain
> access to the magical powers of the guardian being.

Perhaps some kind of ritual that reproduces the event when the Lightbringers acquired Ginna Jar. Or would it be something unique to each individual wyter?

Roland