Re: What Issaries should publish

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:37:28 -0500

Stefan Drawert wrote:

>Land Of Storm. A Hero Wars Guide To The Torn
>Lands Of Conquered Sartar

<chapter breakdown snipped>

This is, and has always been, Issaries' intent. During playtest, a fairly detailed campaign pack was provided for Sartar which covered all this information. It has, like the HERO WARS rules themselves, been undergoing an evolution but *will* appear... just not under a single cover. I agree that a single campaign book would have been best, but there is no use crying over the format of something which is already on the shelves. From what I have seen, Sartar Rising will be well worth the wait for the later chapters.

Enough people whined about the lack of scenarios, now they have several to occupy them while Issaries polishes up the rest. Give 'em a break, people. Few game companies of two employees have managed to produce as much of substance as Issaries has in its brief existence. I think Greg and Stephen should be lauded for their efforts. Glorantha seems more *alive* to me than it ever did during the twenty-odd years of RUNEQUEST, and I was a RQ fanatic.

Issaries could use someone with Rick Meints' drive and focus, yes. I doubt he will leave his high-paying job for game industry wages, though.

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and