Re: Trade Guilds?

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:30:23 -0000

fairy nuff. But I'm not sure that the proportion of "urban" heortlings is that high ( though I suppose merchants will be more common in the urban environment, so it probably balances out)

> Guild membership supplementa bloodline 'kinship' membership instead
> of replacing it. As an exxample of why it exists consider if Jo
Mith
> is travelling around Sartar; he is going to spend long periods away
> from his kin, if he is in a foriegn town who will support him if he
> is accused of a crime, falls on hard times. His kinfolk are too
far
> away, but the guild will help him in the same way that he would
help
> one of its members near his home.

<snip>
> Issaires is in many ways a type of 'Trade Guild'.

Again, I can see this, sort of, but wouldn't a relationship to Issaries Cult be a better way of signifying this. (Trade Guild sounds fine for the more urban Lunars or Westerners, it just seems out of place for the heortlings)