Re: What Issaries should publish

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 08:22:42 -0000

Rick Meints wrote:
> While this is a well known situation, my intention was not to have
them write the stuff, just help get it PUBLISHED. If we players write it, get the art, and lay it out, all to a standard Issaries likes, it will get published by them or a fan publisher.

Sorry Rick, it was not my intention to undermine your call to arms. My point was far more practical, and for anyone looking to write such material: Assuming you have 64 pages available for content in a book, how would you divide up the page count between scenarios, encounters, leaders, locales, gazetter, maps, cultural background, cults, keywords etc.

I offered a 64 page breakdown based on GM's percentages as a discussion point, simply becuase many had held it up as an example of the content they wanted, but I was not sure, from other comments, whether that really is the break down people are after. Be careful what you wish for, lest you get it.

Ian Cooper

"Women as well as men were recruited to restrain combatants, sometimes dampening their weapons by throwing clothing over them. Peacemaking of this sort required srength and courage more than negotiating skills...The clothing was more sign than substance, like the bell signalling the end of a round, and it seems that the sign was not without significant cultual force." - Bloodtaking and Peacemaking by William Ian Miller