Re: Muckraker Wars ?

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:48:07 -0000

How could discussion of ways to enhance dramatic tension be offtopic,  HW is a cinematic game after all.

>The thing is, there was never
> going to be a fight with the Balrog, just the threat of it. First
you
> get a nice big heavy Extended Contest with the Cave Troll and a few
> assorted Goblins. You win, but just. Now, there's a Balrog. MUCH
> nastier than a Troll - how can you fight this one? Answer, you
don't

I know what you mean but I think it may only work well for people immersed in the conventions of the genre or familiar with the story. I've had a couple of people comment that this part of the film turned into something of a procession of monsters, both of whom rather missed the fact that the Balrog was even supposed to be a different level of nastiness to the Troll. I'm not saying its a bad approach, just that you have to be careful because it apparently does not work for everyone.

--
Nic