Re: Trade Guilds

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:31:58 EDT

Tim Ellis:

<< I re-spotted in the character keywords yesterday that Heortling Merchants have a relationship to a "Trade Guild".

 This doesn't seem right to me (RQ2 Guilds notwithstanding). I would have thought most Heortling Merchants were Sole Traders, or representatives of a Clan/Bloodline. >>

      If they're urban Heortlings, from Boldhome, Jonstown or the like, then I don't see a problem with trade guilds as I would expect towns to have such institutions instead of (or perhaps as well as) the bloodlines and so forth from the countryside. However, a trader hailing from a clan tula, would, I think, trade on their behalf in addition to his own.

Forward the glorious Red Army!
Trotsky