Re: old Orlanth myth query

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:01:22 -0500

David Ford wrote:

>What is the symbolism here of the comb and rattle?

I imagine the comb is a visual pun as well as a symbol of Orlanth's lighting. He holds the Mastery rune, after all, which certainly resembles a comb to me! If we extrapolate further, the rattle could thus be considered to embody Orlanth's Storm rune powers, and the comb his Mastery powers. So even at the tender age of five hours, he was a great warrior and leader.

Or so the Orlanthi might say. :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and