Re: Lhankhor Mhy book protection

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:44:25 -0600

At 11:05 AM +0000 3/11/02, wulfcorbett wrote:
>I can't remember the details, but isn'tthere an Ernalda subcult that
>can awaken the daimone of pottery? Implying that every pot has a
>daimone hidden in there. Unless that's some special attribute of pots
>(or I'm completely misremembering), I'd think that applied to all
>manufactured items.

        Yeah, Pella is the potter, and Orstan Allfather has a similar secret for wooden items. Of course, these are secrets and therefor fairly rare -- maybe a person or two in a tribe would have the power. While there is no sub-cult of LM with a similar ability, there's no reason why there shouldn't be, although makers of "living writings" would be even rarer than divine Potters or Carpenters, I'd think.

        I'd think that LM devotees might summon or contact (perhaps through a quest) daimons to keep watch over their collections to warn of fire, theft, etc.

Peter Larsen