Re: Modest Proposal

From: Mikael Raaterova <mikael.raaterova_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:03:05 +0100

HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:
>Because of the confusion, I'd like to propose the following terminology,
>much of which is implicit in my own work in TR.

I like this a lot.

>CLANDS: a term first used by Mikael Raaterova, to denote the totality of a
>clan's land enclosed by boundary stones: the clan tula if you will.
>Depending on the placement of steads, this will not necessarily be a
>single
>contiguous area. It will almost certainly contain areas of wilds and even
>wastes, unless we adopt the 'alynx territorality' model.

A clarification: I use "Cland" to denote all the land encompassed by all the tulas of the clan, and the wilds/ non-stead-claimed lands between the tulas of the clan. E.g. the unclaimed lands/wilds between Thunderoak Stead (a "perimeter" stead) and Bloodbirch Stead (a "central" stead ) are part of the Cland. Unclaimed lands beyond Thunderoak are not part of the Cland, even though the hunters of Thunderoak hunt there.