Whose Hills

From: Harry Sigerson <h.sigerson_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 12:47:58 +0100

Hi Everybody,

I'm Harry and I started playing RQ/Glorantha back in '82 but I've been overseas and out of active gaming for the last eight years. I rediscovered the online Glorantha discussion groups a week ago and I thought I'd add my 2p's worth.

I'm Scottish and while it's probably bias I do tend to go with the Scottish model for the Sartar landscape. The exceptions are the mythical or magical places like Kero Fin. Morgan is right about the lack of forest in modern Scotland, a legacy of the mass deforestation that followed the Highland Clearances. But when the country was still forested it had wolf, bear and I've even heard people claim Siberian tiger in it! With the exception of the tigr Sartar sounds like that version of Scotland and that works for me.

Regards

Harry