Re: Whose hills?

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 11:29:42 -0400

Greg Stafford wrote:

>I will assure you that the Quivini Peaks at
>least are real mountains: high and steep.

Which is why I specifically mentioned, in the sentence following the one you quoted, that my model for the mountains themselves is different (the Alpilles). I can also see the Pyrenees, the Cascades, the Grand Tetons and the Sierra Nevadas being good models, for varied reasons.

Due mainly to Quivin's fiery ancestry, I have always considered "his" mountains to be rather dry, hence my reservation about Scotland as a model earlier in this thread. Ah, the joys of reconciling mythical game-world and ecological real-world evolution... :)

--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and