Re: Sorcerers and Holy Days

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:07:11 +1200

Russell Hoyle:

>I was wondering when our Sorcerous (used in the generic sense to
>include both Wizards and Sorcerers) friends would engage in religious
>festivities.....or when there would be auspicious days for them to perform
>certain rituals.

The high holy day of the Invisible God is Clay Day/Fertility Week/Fire Season. Nothing is known about Auspicious Days or Saint's Days.

>Now while I can easily make this stuff up, I was wondering in particular
>whether these guys would celebrate at the same time as Sacred Time in the
>Theist Calendars?

The recasting of Zzabur's Great Spell that was used to regenerate the Cosmos IMO.

>Speaking of which, what calendar is used in the far west?

Although it's been stated that the Westerners now use the Theyalan Calendar, I have difficulty believing this. My personal preference is for the seasons, weeks and so forth to be modelled on Malkioni mythology.

--Peter Metcalfe