RE: armour times?

From: Dave Bailey <dave.bailey_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:22:33 +0100

> Benedict the Arkati writes ;
>
> In such a society, there is no possibility of BUYING a mail shirt. In
> return for being able to COMMISSION works, the drihten offers the
> smith more than a handful of coins; he provides a fortified secure
> place full of armed men to live and work (probably important if
> you're a goldsmith!), repeat business (as it were), social
> recognition and legal protection. Can the player characters 'compete'
> with a chieftain?

        [Dave Bailey] I have to say I was leaning this was myself but it provokes to interesting problems.

  1. Just how many armourers are there, I assume that in order to function a clan must have reasonably good access to one even if they don't have one in house as it were. I would certainly expect there to be at least 1 per tribe.
  2. On the assumption the Lunars would nick anybody wandering around with "official" lunar army arms and armour what scope is there for converting or melting down captured equipment? Can you recycle tempered weapons?
  3. I need a "something" that the players will want to buy that will weave them into the socio-economic web?

        Dave.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, or take any action or reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender. Any unauthorised disclosure of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.