Re: Re: Trade Goods from the Lunar Empire: How about books?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 22:25:22 +0300 (EEST)

<snip>
> A bulky, heavy kind of trade goods. And, as the Dutch and English
> found when they tried to trade with Japan and China, cloth & wool does
> not sell in a climate where one tends to need silk. One could put it
> in the barges but I'd point out that Esrolia probably has cotton of
> its own and wools from Sartar.

I think you are thinking flax, not cotton.

At least I think the Herotling culture has flax (and therefore linen cloth) as their vegetable fibre material, as the pre-columbus europeans did.

Cotton apparently has been known in asia for three thousand years, so parhaps one could trade for some cotton cloth.

I still think magic items mage for good trade. One doesn't have to know sorcery to appreciate a (sorcerously created) gem that glows with a steady light, for instance.

        -Adept