Re: Dragonkill War Survivors

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:17:56 +1000

As the latest draft of the Clan Generator notes:

"Many clans joined with the EWF and learned strange magics. All of those
clans were effectively annihilated during the Dragonkill War..., so this option is not included in the questionnaire."

It also notes:

"A few incredibly lucky people survived, said to number only ten humans."

This is obviously a mythic number, as several accounts of survivors do exist, and some have been mentioned here.

Obviously, most the present clans of southern Sartar descend from ancestors who fled the EWF, either as initial resistors to EWF ideology, when the first invasions began out of Darra Harpa, or possibly even as survivors of the Dragonkill itself. Since it assumed that nearly everyone still around when the dragons began the big BBQ were hard-core Youf supporters, ancestors who survived the Dragonkill itself and then fled south are unlikely to brag about it. Therefore, by the relentless grinding of pragmatic mythologic, *all* our ancestors were opposed to the Youf, and exiled because of it, and *no one* survived the Dragonkill.

And of course, if you believe that, I have a mansion in Boldhome I'd like to sell you. :)

John