Disciple question

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:00:24 +0300 (EEST)

Hi.

What options does a deciple of Humakt have to learn magic. (Not much, as far as I know).

But in my game the young, Household of Death, Sword Gerlef Ravenswing was challenged by an Tarsh exile Windlord, very soon after the crowning. The windlord wanted to wrestle the death affinity from this child of Humakt, and they duelled, in a HQ challenge style.

Gerlef won, and stole the windlords control over air. As I've run it, this ability doesn't hold very well. Every time Gerlef has used it (mostly for great orlanthi style jumps (30m or so) in battle), the ability get's lowered.

Humakt has cut himself off from the storm afterall, and a deciple can't differ that much from his god.

Gerlef is a bit more than that though. He met Hei Chi (black wing) last sacred time. Hei Chi is an EWF era dragon warrior (human), whose sword at the time carried the same daimon that Gerlef's sword now holds. Hei Chi escaped assasination in the hands of the dragons by commiting utuma, and his soul fled to Kralorela and was reborn there.

Anyway, Hei Chi told Gerlef that in Kralorela he would be concidered a "lost soul", but even he could free himself with an utuma. And if he wasn't quite ready for that yet, he should at least strive to hold on to the last spark of indipendence he has.

After some very strange happenings young Gerlef has started to be slightly bothered by the Kralori mystics words.

But... Gerlef would want to have the ability to fly, or at least jump really far.

How can he do this, or can he do it at all? Humakt doesn't have storm affinity (quite obviously), and no movement affinity either, that I could remember.

His sword does hold the Ravenswing humakti daimon, so parhaps he can worship it and gain flight from it.

        -Adept