Seshnegi?

From: Craig Neumeier <craigneumeier_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:15:34 -0000

>From the last paragraph of the first chapter of HW:

"The Seshnegi, a western power whose people are slowly encroaching on Dragon Pass, have entrenched themselves here too. They are neither Empire nor barbarian. They worship a single god who gives them terribly effective powers of sorcery. Small in numbers in the area so far, they might be helpful to either barbarian or Empire, but only for a short time. Indeed, everyone fears them because they so despise all other gods but their own, and also have armies nearby."

Well, if everyone fears them, it would be nice to have some sort of clue who these people are. I've read the rules and the Glorantha book, and I don't.

On the face of it, the name looks like it ought to refer to Seshnela. However, there's no sign in _Glorantha_ that they are remotely interested in Dragon Pass. Nor should they be; it's too far away, and they have obvious closer frontiers and concerns.

So what gives?

Craig Neumeier, LHN