Re: Head Taking (was Baron's Friends)

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:49:31 -0000

I totally agree but that still leaves us to deal with the fact that Argrath has headhunters in his army some time after 1625. Unless we want to retcon those headhunters the simplest solution would be to assume that there are still a few out in the boondocks of Sartar.

> In my Glorantha, head-taking is part of the East Ralian culture
(it's
> probably too old-fashioned for the Lankst folk).

Fair enough if you want to assume that some of them moved across to Sartar to fight for Argrath, which would make for some interesting social issues with their more "modern" fellows in Dragons Pass.

> For all we know, any scattered clans in Dragon Pass that still take
> heads may have their origins in Ralios (probably during the
Imperial
> Age, when there was more cross-region traffic).

That is quite possible, or at least the cults they use to sanctify it may have come from Ralios.

--
Nic