RE: Re: Newbie Intro

From: Hendry, Philip <p.hendry_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 14:57:31 +0100

Hi,

Wow- responsive list or what?

> You could use pregenerated characters for your first session(s).
> There's a particularly tasty set (in PDF format with illos) at:
>
> http://www.issaries.com/hw/fan/heroes_orlanthi.html

Those are really nice, thanks!

> "Barbarian Adventures" is an introductory campaign pack for Heortling
> Sartarite Orlanthi characters. It includes fully worked up scenarios.

Okay!!!

> More scenarios are available online (free!) at:
>
> http://www.issaries.com/hw/scenarios.html
>
> The Hero Wars books you have bought to date are kinda "background"-
> ish -- the "Sartar Rising" line of scenario and campaign books just
> starting out ("Barbarian Adventures" is already in the
> shops; "Orlanth is Dead" was at the printers a week ago); you're in
> the position of a RQ player with the "Cults" books but not Apple
> Lane / Snakepipe Hollow / Borderlands, or a D&D player with a
> selection of character class tomes but none of the dungeon modules.

Yeah, I figured that, but Harn's like that- there are only a few adventures, the rest of the published material is background, so I figure I *ought* to be able to use it, but so far I haven't got into it far enough for the ideas to start flowing.

Cheers,
Phil

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.