Re: Newbie intro

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 00:32:24 +0100

Dougie said
>I'm planning on starting a group soon an have decided to have th PC's
>start as teenagers after initiation into Orlanth/Ernalda but before
>they have to choose which aspect to join / join other cults - I'll give
>them the basic Culture/Profession Keywords and tell them they are
>allowed another 10 skills which they can chose as and when they need
>them and throw them straight into a simple adventure like
>"Sheepless Nights" (on the HW web site).

Another good starting adventure is "Growing Pains", which appeared in Trade Talk (Issue 4 or 5 IIRC). It was written by Jonas Schiott,Dag Olausson and Stern Ohrman , and as a RQ adventure but is quite rules/stats lite so is fairly easy to convert. (It's the scenario I used for the Demo game I ran at the Dudley Bug Ball the other week).

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_...                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |