Re: the future in ralios

From: metcalphnz <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 02:06:38 -0000

Terra Incognita:

> But Garundyer is the greatest
> orlanthi HQer at least in 1620s Glorantha, perhaps
> in KOS, who succeeded LBQ in Argrath's Saga, might
> be Garundyer and his Iron Ring, not Argrath.

Garundyer wouldn't have a reason to bring back Sheng tho.

> In tradetalk #2, Peter wrote that Chaos Monks are a
> heretical branch of Boristi, but in Glorantha: ITHW,
> Chaos Monks revere (or try to control?) Arkat the
> Devil (I don't know about the link between Devil=Gbaji?
> and Argin of Tinaros and maybe Peter abandoned the idea
> of Chaos Monks = Heretical Boristi.)

The sidebar of the five Arkat cults was written by Greg. The Chaos Monks can still be a Borist/Arkat fusion that bears a strong resemblence to what was in Tradetalk #2.

> And I don't know how Galvosti
> work with Boristi both in the past and the future.

They don't IMO. The Galvosti were mainly interested in repressing the Orlanthi of Ot- and Surkorion. Since their victims were non-Malkioni, the Malkioni were more tolerant of their tapping than they otherwise would have been. Hence the Galvosti were the visible rulers of their kingdom until the Henotheists deposed them a few years ago. OTOH the Borists have been persecuted because of their apparent friendship to chaos and have always remained lurking beneath the shadows.

--Peter Metcalfe