Re: Re: Interpretations of Kinstrife and taboos agains t killing kin

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:15:39 -0700

> I totally agree, that's the beauty of playing in an setting that allows,
nay
> cries for ambiguity in situations. I can easily see the character not
> caring or even enjoying killing his half-brother given their past history
OR
> doing it as a neccessary duty and regretting it terribly afterward
(whether
> that's a proper Humakti sentiment or not).

"Taking care of problems" is a Orlanthi virtue. Whether it means owning up to your own actions and curing what you broke, or "cleaning up" after kin or clan who did wrong. In some ways the Orlanthi believe that "We are All Us", just on a more limited and at the same time more expanded scale.

To a Lunar, WaAU means "I must accept him as an equal". A Lunar is more likely to be an individual among individuals. To an Orlanthi, it means "What I did, my entire family did, and what my family did, I did." He is a part of a unit when it comes to responsibility. If your family did wrong, then you are obligated to make it right.

RR