Orlanth's Mother: Kero Fin

From: vingo_france <vingo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:36:36 -0000

Everyone,

I am looking for a travel for Orlanthi group to the Mother of Mountains.
Is there anywhere a description of KeroFin?

In fact, some players wish to walk, to climb to the top of Orlanth's Mother.
Is there something that they could feel, see or else ? They wishes this act from possibly the Mountain Goddess, their own gods (Orlanth, Elmal ...), or else their ancestors... to ward them or to get a favor.

I have my own point of view on most questions, but I would have yours.
Also, I need physical description of the Mountain.

I believe this travel would be extremely difficult.

What I found:
1/
"Often a huge cloud stands still around the top of Kero Fin.
This is the Orlanth Cloud. In formal terms, it is a lenticular cloud. It can appear at any season, and is there for the first half of Sacred Time, but disappears when Orlanth descends to the Underworld."

2/
"It is clear that Kero Fin is a concentration of theist power,
a goddess."

3/
"Tara is the Lady of the Wild, an untamable deity and daughter
of Kero Fin. She holds the secrets and terrors of the mountains and other places where horses dare not go."

4/
"Center of Power, Shrines, and Sanctuaries:
Kero Fin, from whence Elmal shone throughout the entire Darkness, is his holiest place in the world."

5/
"[...] Where Do We Live?

We live in Kerofinela, the center of the world. [...] Here is the first mountain, Kero Fin, the Mother of Mountains. [...] Heort lived here, and Orlanth began and ended the Lightbringer's Quest here.

The Four Great Mountains mark our land. Of course, Kero Fin is greatest, because she is the Mother of Mountains. Kero Fin is the tallest mountain in the world. She can be seen from anywhere, even as far away as the Choralinthor Sea. Kero Fin is the mother of Orlanth, and they are together in the center of the world.
[...]
Three great mountains form a triangle around Kero Fin, [...] Spider Mountain, in the north [...]; Arrowmound, [...] in the southwest; and Stormwalk, a distinctive spiral-shaped peak among the Storm Mountains to the south. [...]."

I could also get inspiration from draw of Kero Fin (get Maternal Ward) in King of Dragon Pass PC Game. But I feel, it is not enough.

Also, of course the physical travel will be hard. But as it is harder physically, has it could bring them highter satisfaction.
Highter satisfaction they would have, the more spiritual path them would have run and more they run, closest they should be from their own gods.
What I see.

Help me (and them) to find the path.
Cheers.

Will