Re: future in ralios

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:35:04 -0700

Samuel Prime:

> 1 - i have heard a legend about man who will unifiy sushen ' s tribes in
>basim , helby and estali . ( eneral incarnation for the galini ) is
>there possible that all tribe ' s who are differents animals brothers
>wiil be unify by a only man ?. is there possible that basmoli and
>galini who were enemy in the pasts will become allied ? and if this
>man will be not-to-be-called , how sushens could be accept to be govern by
>a sorcerer .

I'm not sure who you mean by Sushen. The Galaninae are long-gone as a distinct tribe (dispersed through Safelster).

As for being ruled by a sorcerer, the word's used in the sense of an independent magician IMO rather than being an magician wielding the energies of the sorcerous plane. So most beat-people won't be worried.

> 2 - i use the runequest3 system rules , and i have a big problem with
> the henohistic church . in " god of glorantha ( VF )" , it ' s write that
> a runelord , priest, acolyte and worship can ' t be sorcerer or shaman
> . in " genertela ( VF) " it ' s write that the henoistic church
> believe in the invisible god and in other god to the protection they
> give " so a henotheistic priest is there a priest or a sorcerer .

In RQ, I would say that the Henotheists have both wizards and priests in the same church, co-operating in some (un)holy harmony discovered by Surantyr the non-heretic. I'll wager pretty much the same in HeroQuest terms.

>3- why otkorion is dangerous for lankst ?

One are traditional Orlanthi, the other are lowland Malkioni. The two normally get along like a house on fire.

>wat ' s the relation between otkorion ( the henotheist church ) and
>the orlanthi to north ( lankst )and east ( delela ,saug ,keanos ) .

IMO Otkorion was originally ruled by the Galvosti who oppressed the pagans with their sorcery. Surantyr led a revolt against them by reconciling pagan beliefs with the invisible god (so that the Galvosti magic no longer worked).

The Orlanthi of the east are different people from the Orlanthi of Lankst and have very little in common besides their worship of Orlanth.

>why there is a war between otkorion and lankst , ( the ingolf cloudcrasher
>cult become from lankst to otkorion , is it obtain by the force ? is there
>a theft ?)

I don't think there was war. I believe the King of Lankst gave the Otkorioni the Sigolf cult in return for the lands of Surkorion (which aren't listed on the
map but can be inferred to be north of Otkorion in what is now Lankst). He did this because he was frightened of Garundyer and fears war against him soon.

>4 - what is the relation between the orlanthi to lankst and delela . are
>they friendly or enemy ?.

They are normally too far apart. Most meetings are between strangers. But they do have some differences that can cause conflict (such as the Delelan support for Dragons).

>the cult in delela is different ( umath , ralia , lankoring ) to the
>hrestoli cult. so is there the same in lankst ?.

I believe the Lankst Orlanthi are closer in appearance to the Aggar and other Pelorian Orlanthi (such as the Orlanthi of Dorastor).

>i believe that delela didn ' t like ingolf , arkat , dragonewt and troll
>.

Delela liked Ingolf and Dragonewts - Ingolf came from there. You are correct they don't like Arkat or Trolls.

>is there the same to the kocholang ' s tribe ? .

Lankst also hates trolls and Arkat but they also hate Dragons.

>and what' s the relation betwenn delela and exile from heort
>who live in karia ?.

The Karians migrated westward to become the Lanksti.

> 6 - where can i command " the greatest tounament " in english version
> ?

Ingo might have some copies.

>is there others books about ralios ?

There is the Glorantha:Intro which has a chapter on Ralios.

>what is the freeform " rise of ralios " ?

A freeform game some years ago in which players played important personages of Ralios and determined the fate of empires in the space of a day.

--Peter Metcalfe