Re: Humakti acceptability

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:11:21 -0000

You may be dwelling too much onthe Severance aspect. Remember, after he servered his ties, Humakt accepted the position of Champion with his Chieftain Orlanth. They would have Worship storm pantheon - Humakt is a part of the Storm Pantheon. I would not take that away from someone who's severed his ties - those are little prayers that one learns as a child and (I think) would never be forgotten unless one left the pantheon entirely - say to become a Tarnils.

I'd suspect that on days devoted to fertlity and life, the clan or tribal Humakti are out there on the tula or outside the ritual aggressively guarding against the encroachment forces of death and darkness and bad stuff that are INEVITABLY drawn to such ceremonies.

They might also do preemptive raids against possible threats to those rituals and ceremonies. Lots of things to do!

They are the first, best line of defence for the rituals.

Jeff