Re: Re: Humakti acceptability

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:56:18 +0100

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:48:06 -0000, "simon_hibbs2" <simon.hibbs_at_...> wrote:

>A Humakt worshiper might even be
>explicitly 'cast out' of the sacred space of some rituals, as a
>necessery part of it. If you don't have a Humakti to cast out, how do
>you know that Death has truly been excised? You might even has to
>travell to fetch the most powerfull Humakti you can, just so that you
>can throw him out of the sacred circle good and propper.

"Of course we need you, the women have to drive you out, throwing stones and beating you with sticks. What makes you think we don't like you?"

>In the old days "A Lunar Humakt" was a usefull shorthand for YT in
>the absence of an actual writeup. Even then it was clearly a bit of a
>botch, and now I think it's far past the time to lay it to rest.

Personally speaking, I liked the situation where cults crossed barriers by being 'versions' of one another. The current trend towards 'Narrative Simulationism', where no part of the background may be permitted to be less than pedantically, absolutely, unequivocally, 100% realistic to an accurate model of a credible society and world seems designed to make you forget this is supposed to be a game, not an educational course in constructive anthropology and theology...

Wulf