Re: New Minatures

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:44:14 +0200

Greg Stafford wrote:
> You all need to send these comments to Lance and Laser.
> Whining here will do not good.

A call for proactiveness! Well, I'll personally send some comments, as a future uz minis buyer, but I'll ask for input:

Y'know, I spoke to Lortz (after the minis had been sculpted) and he seemed open enough to suggestions. His other stuff on-line seems fine - yah, maybe he got distracted by the snaggle-snout uz in _Glorantha_. (I'm a smooth-snouter myself).

But a question for the list: off-hand, what all illustrations do people think evoke uz well? If I was going to make a list, I'd say:

	Book of Uz 13, 27, 47 (Lisa Free);
	UTTOG 4, 23, 26, 28, 34, 44, 50 (Simon Bray, Sara Evans)
	BoDR:D 59, 83 (Simon, I think)

(I love Hokura's stuff, since it evokes *exactly* the right ZZ feeling, but the faces are a bit too demonic for me, but maybe his URL is worth adding as well).

For that matter, on a pipe dream, what kinds of uz minis are *useful* that people would want to buy?

I'm guessing it's a pipe dream (will they have enough sales to support more uz figures?), but it doesn't hurt to suggest something, just in case.

I myself would want flying insect cavalry, maybe some generic cav mahouts (since the insects can get modified from other lines), a shaman, some uz skeletons or uz skulls (then one could make nice uz undead, modifying other minis), maybe an uz zombie, and a *good* enlo for use as AA spearkin. (Oh, and a MG-42 uzko fireteam, to counter those damn Aldryami archers: too tough converting them.) But this might be too specialized, before I shoot my mouth off in a letter, so what do people think is useful?

Damn, I do miss DragonClaw. I shoulda built up that tarantula heavy cav unit when I had a chance. <g> So if any of you have, say, a couple hundred of their uz minis in your attic you'd like to get rid of... : )

Cheers,

James Frusetta