Re: Tentacles & concerns

From: issaries <rjmeints_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:26:54 -0000

Nick Brooke brings up some very salient points, which I totally agree with re: burning DoD or Eldarad.

A little history:
The "tradition" of burning them started
in Australia during the RQ Renaissance in the 90's. This activity was mentioned in some issues of Tales in relation to the Megacorp's critiques of Avalon Hill's product releases for RQ3 and the Megacorp's suggestions for improving the product line. At RQCon Down Under in 1997 we did a burning and then
it started to happen at Tentacles and
Convulsion thereafter. It tends to be more of a spontaneous event than a scheduled one, although it usually happens shortly after the auction, where a lighter is sold and you get a free copy of Eldarad or DoD thrown in.

I too participate because it is a "fun" event. I'm certainly not trying to send a message to Avalon Hill, the authors, or anyone else. Many others ignore the event for a variety of reasons. Actually, most people ignore the event.

Considering the sad fact that more of DoD and Eldarad were printed than any RQ2
supplement, the chances of their extinction are nil. Not surprisingly, getting one of them in the shrinkwrap is still very easy.

Back to the Hero Wars...