Re: Humakti again

From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:26:34 +0200

Dougie wrote:
> I really do think (IMG, IMOHO etc.) that a humakti can sever his
> family ties as a formality and a legal get out clause only, but still
> live with his family, have a bit a nooky with suitable members of
> whatever sex he fancies, turn up at his mums for family get together
> and generally be a relatively
> normal member of society albeit with various ritual roles and
> responsibilities and a convenient legal position for a soldier ....
> (I know others will disagree with me here ;)).

I think too that Humakti can come in a variety of forms. IMO the Grim Guy stereotype is very important (just as the other cult's stereotypes, btw). That's what people see on the surface. They give the feeling.

But there are always different Humakti, like that Humakti duck who is a cynic philosopher with a little congregation of a dozen duck and human followers and really enjoy being obnoxious in public, because no one dare make comments. Or that guy who is so pallid, and has so much difficulty waking up in the morning, that he became a Humakti so that no one mistake him for a vampire. Or just read Alan LaVergne's "A Smell of a Rat" and his Humakti (besides it's a very good story. Any way to get it online now RQC is definitely OOP?)

When one oh-so-Grim Humakti becomes important in the game, it's always possible to reveal other facets of the character and give more depth. Some may join Humakt because of a love affair (... i like stupid gimmicks). Rumour has it that such Sword's beloved was killed by zombies when they were youths (although the sad Truth might be that she left him for a Lhankor Mhy student.) Or that Humakti gal who wished she had been a sexy red-haired Vingan but, bad luck, Humakt chose her at her initiation because her glare has a freezing effect on everyone... She *hates* Vingans.

I'm sure a number of Humakti are trying to kill their own ghosts. They're my favourite ones.

> just to add to the post I've just sent, I'm not suggesting that their
> are no DEATH wielding, abortion causing, emotionless killing machine
> type nutters who worship Humakti, just that they aren't all (by along
> shot IMO) like that...

Yea, i fully agree. The stereotypes are useful, and boring if they can't be broken. There not one given set of Humakti types, like anything else anything you can imagine about them is good.

Jerome